NavLIS research fields
- Design and development of indoor and outdoor navigation systems.
- Design and development of pressure based measurement systems.
- Design and development of modular avionic systems.
- Signal of Opportunity applied in navigation systems.
- Long-distance communication systems.
- AI in navigation systems.
- Indoor flight arena
- dedicated for hands-on courses of UAS design, development and building, drone pilot trainings
- dedicated for R&D of UASs, their technologies and applications
- equipped soon by camera based tracking system for full UAV motion testing
- equipped by fixed and rotary wing UAVs - Pilatus PC-6, Bellanca XXL, DJI Phantom 4, DJI 550, etc.
- 1x instrumentation laboratory
- dedicated for avionics and embedded measurement system design and development
- equipped by a pressure system with PACE6000, temperature & humidity chamber, vibration table, electronic instrumentation for basic electrical quantities measurements, sensors for nonelectric quantities measurement
Fixed-wing UAV applications for VLoS & BVLoS operations
Experiments with „home-made“ navigation systems
Embedded electronics for special use
We further pay attention to:
- Long-distance communication for video and telemetry exchange - suited for BVLoS operation
- Indoor UAS navigation
- Robust navigation systems with increased accuracy - operating even in GNSS unreliable environment
Currently offered PhD topics
supervised by Assoc.prof. Jan ROHÁČ, PhD.
- Smart navigation in smart cities
- Navigation in GNSS denied environment
- Navigation systems of terrestrial vehicles
- Camera based tracking and navigation system
- Navigation in emergency, security, and humanitarian services
- Signal-of-opportunity based navigation of autonomous vehicles operated in dense urban areas
More details about doctoral degree studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering can be found on http://www.fel.cvut.cz/en/education/phd/study.html.
Topics are offered under the Aeronautical and Space Engineering PhD degree programme.
Assoc. prof. Jan ROHÁČ, PhD. - Dept. of Measurement, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague
Address: Technicka 2, 166 27 Prague, Czech Republic, room No. T2: B3-455
Phone: (+420) 22435 3963, email: email@example.com